logo iso

Optical & Industrial Glass Suppliers

img header

History

DateEvent
1954 SKAN sign supply agreements with SCHOTT GLAS (Germany)
1960’s SKAN sign supply agreements with both LOH and BERLINER GLAS (Germany)
“UK GLASS WAREHOUSE” established in the UK Midlands, from which SKAN sell direct to customer
1970’s SKAN sign exclusive distributorship agreements with SCHOTT GLAS (Germany) and BERLINER GLAS (Germany).
1980’s

SKAN Optical and Flat Glass Business flourish, and employ over 20.

Completion of UK Head Office at the new "SKAN HOUSE" site in Shirley (nr Birmingham).

1990’s

SKAN purchase its own “Glass Processing Centre” in Coventry, to machine stock optical block glass to near-net shape.

“ISO Certification” achieved at both SKAN’s sites. A first in our industry!

2001 SKAN develop the Coventry site to include the processing of flat glass to finish product!
2003 SKAN / SCHOTT launch “decorative glass fascias” for the UK room heater market, including glass/metal assembly and decorative printing.

2004

2007

2008

Concentration on processed glass materials with new investment in block glass machining at Coventry site.

Significant investment in Coventry's flat glass processing suite including edge processing / sandblasting and horizontal washing equipment!

Further large investment in Coventry for NC flat glass cutting of forms and complex shapes!